Verify the balance through Visa Customer Service and the total being authorized by the merchant. Although the exact amount to be paid is confirmed by your receipt, know that some merchants such as car rentals, hotels, restaurants, taxis, etc., get an authorization for extra to cover gratuity. Be sure to confirm the total.
Articles in this section
- Where can I use my Visa debit card?
- Does my card expire?
- Do I need to activate my card?
- Can I get cash from an ATM or bank?
- Can my card be used for "Pay at the Pump" gasoline transactions?
- What if I want to purchase an item that costs more than the balance on my Visa card?
- Whose address is linked to the card?
- What should I do if my Visa card is declined?
- How long will it take for a credit to reflect on my card when returning an item?
- What should I do with my Visa card once the value is depleted?